Tuesday, November 01, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day 1

Happy birthday to my new novel! Hooray! Today's writing goal was 1,667 words and I reached...(drumroll please...) 1,701 words. Yay me.
It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, but also very satisfying. I love to begin writing assignments, and don't do so well at continuing them, so I know it will get harder. But I'm up for the challenge.
I pretty much have three units of time when I can write. These would be early in the morning before the other inhabitants of my house wake, midday when my charges are napping, and evening after Cate the Great goes to bed. I was hoping that I would get most writing done during two of these three times, and still have some time left for socializing, lounging, and general revelry. Today, it took just about every spare minute of all three times to complete my required word count(though you see I still squeezed in a blog post). So, my suspicions are affirmed...this will not be easy.

However, I loved writing at my newly-reformed writing desk by the front window in my house surrounded by some inspirational quotes that I pinned around myself. Listening to instrumental music through my headphones while pounding away at the keyboard was one of the most satisfying things I've done in quite awhile.
Now, on to day two!

3 comments:

Grandi said...

So proud of you, didnt want to ask how much you got done,lol. That is wonderful! It is great that you enjoyed it, that is what all your planning does! Keep up the good work, very exciting stuff!

Memzie said...

Hurray! You did it!!! I am hoping to get some serious word count tonight. I only have 183 words so far. Not doing so well. :D
Can't wait for tomorrow night!!!

Memzie said...

Oh, and how you do the word gadget, I can show you tomorrow. It is really simple but really complicated to type out and make sense at the same time. :D