Saturday, April 16, 2011

cate's 2nd birthday

Cate's birthday was a smash hit. I have to say, I had so much more fun than last year. She didn't throw up this year (always a plus) and I think I just worried a lot less overall. She had a blast! She ran around in state of absolute bliss- loving all the attention and all the people.

She still wasn't super-interested in opening presents, but this hokey-pokey Elmo earned a few giggles. Sandi and I tag-teamed an Elmo cake. She did most of the work; I was like her apprentice. It took us several hours, but I had so much fun. Cory has very fond memories of the different cakes his mother made him growing up. I was so glad she was willing to take this on, because I never would have tried it without her. It was a red velvet, with a twinkie nose, cake ball eyes, and crushed oreo mouth. Blowing out those candles with Aunt B. I know this one is blurry, but it captures her mood for the evening. Awesome family
And sweet friends.
Here's one more of Cate and Grandi before they had to go home.
Happy birthday sweet, sweet girl.

3 comments:

Grandi said...

Such a sweet girl, hard to believe she is two. She has grown and learned so much in two short years, and won a multitude of hearts! We love you Cate!

bj said...

Happy Birthday, Cate.
We love ya,

CSauce said...

Happy Birthday Cate! I can't believe she is two already! Looks like you all had a lot of fun!