Friday, March 19, 2010

texas is not flat...i have proof!

Our Big Bend vacation was lovely. Two whole nights away from Cate was tough, but we managed. It was so nice to visit a new place, hike and camp, and get to just be together. I actually took some pictures this trip, so most of the ones on this blog are from my camera. Cory will post some of his, too.
Here is the view from our longest hike, the South rim trail of the Chisos Mountains.

Another peak in the park. The white mound looks like sand, but it is actually hardened ash. Half of the park was created from volcanic activity. I had to check out the white mounds, so I got out of the car and ran on top of one. Hard as a rock!

This was one of my favorite parts of the hike.

As we walked along the trail, we realized we were being spied on. Check out this guy's little horns!

More pics to come of my favorite part of the trip!

1 comment:

Memzie said...

Cool! Looks like it was a lot of fun!
Glad you got a vacation.