Friday, September 18, 2009

pobrecita

Poor sweet Catherine is currently experiencing another first: First Stomach Bug. This is the 3rd day of it, and she's only been able to keep Pedialite on her stomach. Cory stayed home with her yesterday, and I'm home today. She's sleeping a lot, and just seems generally uncomfortable. She makes sad little noises just like a whining puppy.

She did smile last night. It was 3 in the morning, and I couldn't get her to go back to sleep, so I decided to give the swing a try. When I set her down in it, she grinned up at the metal frame, relaxed her little limbs and fell asleep. So basically, I was out-mommed by a machine. I thought that wouldn't happen until we hired Cate that Robot Nanny that has, at times, seemed appealing. Oh well, I'm just glad she was comfortable for awhile.

Say a prayer for my little one. The doctor says that it has lasted for a week in some children, and we don't want her to have to deal with it for that long!

4 comments:

bj said...

I had heard thru the grapevine that she was sick...so sorry. Those swings are God-Sends..Hope she feels better thru the weekend..
Love!

Kim said...

Bless our poor baby girl and her Mommy and Daddy. Prayers are on their way. Love you!

Sam said...

Oh, my Cate! I wish I could be there to make you feel better. (From a distance, of course. I wouldn't want to pick it up.)

bj said...

I hope you had a good birthday, Jess.