Tuesday, June 09, 2009

champion


We spent a lovely weekend in Austin- our first overnight trip away from home. It was a looong drive, but Catherine was awesome. She's such a good traveler. Tons of family gathered in a hotel and watched my cousin Jaylen run in the state track meet. It was really hot, but everyone pitched in to make Cate more comfortable. Mom sat under the bleachers (where it was very stuffy) with her out of the sun, and Aunt Nana and Aunt B followed her about with handheld fans. Of course, everyone was ready to lend a hand to carry her around. Then she went back to the hotel and relaxed by the pool with her Mimi and Pappy.
She also made her debut to her cousins (or aunt and uncle, depending on who you ask) Cody and Laura, Tom and Mallory, and her great-uncle Gary. She even got to spend a little time with Uncle Jess. It was a little hectic, having so much family in the same space, but we had a good time.
Coming home was hard because I was so tired from the trip, and I had volunteered to sub for summer school for a couple of days. Of course, Cate was off her schedule, I was off mine, and our house was (and still is) a total disaster. Thankfully, my summer school days are over now and we can start recovering from the trip...packed bags are still lingering all about the house. Someone asked me as I was leaving to sub for them in a few days, and I actually told them no! Go me!
So anyway, I just wanted to post this picture of our beautiful state champion (1st in the 800m, 3rd in the mile relay). Hopefully those medals will rub off a little good luck (and perhaps athleticism?) on our little daughter.

No comments: