Thursday, May 07, 2009

mommy pics

I decided to post some of my own pics for a change. The first ones were actually taken by Mom because I was giving Cate her first bath. She did pretty good the first time since she didn't know what was going on. Since then, every bath has been a delicate balance of her testing out her lungs and me trying to stuff a pacifier in her mouth with one hand while trying to soap her up with the other.
We've had a pretty good week together. We've been getting out of the house and going for walks in the park. She's been sleeping fairly well at night...I think there was only one night this week where I was pretty sure someone had switched my sweet quiet baby with a howler monkey.
I try to be a good mommy and not laugh at her when she whacks herself in the face with her flailing fists. Since she doesn't really have control of her limbs yet, she probably thinks I'm the one whacking her in the face.

She turns one month old tomorrow.
Best parts of the last month: her facial expressions and "smiles," putting her in our bed at night when she's wide awake and staring at her wide eyes, watching her sleep on her daddy's chest curled up on the couch, guessing who she looks like (my long toes, cory's eyes), getting to see her family, grandparents, and great-grandparents fall in love with her for the first time.

Toughest parts of the last month: learning to sleep in 2 hour increments (though I think I am getting used to it now...it just takes some adjusting), boo for stuffy noses! she hates it when I have to try to use the nose sucker, I made her bleed once with said nose sucker, overwhelming feelings of responsibility and inadequacy (what will I do if she _____ (gets sick/won't sleep/runs off with a toddler twice her age/gets abducted by aliens/never learns to swim)!?)

I really have enjoyed being home with her. Here are some pics I've taken the last couple of days. I caught some of those precious smiles!




7 comments:

Roxanne said...

Awww! Some of my students saw her pics on my computer screen and said it made them want a baby. Uh-oh.

bj said...

AWWWWW, Jessica....you got some fabulous shots of our sweetie. She is growing so fast !!
hope to see her, and you, of course, on Mother's Day on Sunday at the cookout at Kathy and David's.
See ya...
Memaw

Sandi said...

Happy Mother's Day! What a great Mom! Those are good pics. I cant believe she has changed so much in 2 weeks!

Jess E said...

Happy first-month birthday from the geographically challenged uncle :)

Diana Latham said...

Oh, Jessica!!! You always crack me up!!!! "runs off with a toddler twice her age"....that is funny. Your sense of humor is going to get you through this without talking about the other Someone who has obviously prepared you for this. You are doing great!! You have already given her more baths than I did....mine were more like sponge baths. ;)

bj said...

Mizz Cate is my Pink Sat. today...
*smile

tami said...

Oh my word Jessica, she is gorgeous. I hate that I can only see her through your site, but I guess its better than nothing...for now. Pecos promised me we would come see y'all this summer. I just worry she's not going to fit in her outfits we got her. LOL! I want to wish you a very happy mother's day. There's nothing like your first one. I'm so happy for you and Cory. Y'all are such an awesome couple and I know y'all will be the "cool" parents every kid is going to want. I miss you so much and can't wait to see you. I love you both so much. Give Princess Cate hugs and kisses from her cousins in Granbury.