Wednesday, April 15, 2009

one week

We have been parents for a whole week! You know what they say, time flies when you're having babies.
Cate is really a great baby. She hardly ever cries, and we've had 2 nights now where the only time she was awake was when she was eating. Cory and I really like to curl up and take naps with her, but we try not to do it very often so she will learn to sleep by herself. The first couple of days she was held so much that she wouldn't sleep anywhere except someone's arms.
And for those of you who are curious to know about all the diaper-changing hilarity, there have been at least six occasions in the last 24 hours in which she has tinkled on something (or someone) other than her diaper. She's a little sneak. Now, for the part you really care about: more pictures!
This is what she looks like when she wants to eat your face.
She likes to sun bathe with Daddy. We have to put her in the window (like a little flower, her grandma said) so she won't turn yellow.
So tiny in her crib!
How you doin'?
Finally, a family shot... (thanks, Diana).

9 comments:

Laura said...

Ahhh! She is too cute!!!! I think Haley and I will talk about a weekend to come visit. I don't think either of us can go much longer without getting to meet her.

Kim said...

She is so precious. I am dying to see her! I can't believe how tiny she is in her crib. I'm so glad Cory is home with you girls this week. What a wonderful bonding time for the three of you. We love and miss you - k

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I saw your site through my Google alerts set to "Zora Hurston," and smiled to see young parents with their beautiful baby--I'm now a grandparent with a grandson of about the same age. Yes, it is a miracle that touches the heart.

As to Hurston, my interest lay in a true crime story she covered in my hometown over a half a century ago. You can see the story on a Youtube video trailer for my book, Zora Hurston And The Strange Case Of Ruby McCollum.

Best in life to you and yours.

Art

Diana Latham said...

What a sweetie!!! Her bed looks King size compared to her. Sounds like a wonderful week so far. So glad that we got to meet her and hold her. Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon. Y'all are doing a great job.

bj said...

These are great photos....I especially love the family one.
I'll call and maybe we can come over soon...

Cody said...

I looooooooooove the How You Doin' picture. That is too cute.

Roxanne said...

Oh, the joys of parenthood. You know you're truly a mommy when you're getting peed on multiple times a day (and then forgetting about it and wearing clothes with dried pee on them).

Seeker said...

beautiful!

Sandi said...

These are great! I love all of them! I cant believe she is so tiny in her bed. Ya'll are having a great time together.
Kiss Cate for me.