Friday, March 20, 2009

what a (pregnant) girl wants

Yesterday was a complete bust, diet-wise. Not that I'm on a diet, but I try to eat somewhat balanced meals so that my baby turns out...well, balanced. (Nothing worse than an unbalanced baby. I mean, it's already hard enough for them to maintain equalibrium with those huge heads and weak neck muscles. They just tip over. See this random baby on youtube as proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhMUbDuQlm0)

So my complete menu yesterday consisted of pancakes for breakfast, chips and queso for lunch, a grilled cheese (made with Eggo's), and some cookies and green velvet cake. Yikes! I'm sort of a carb-fiend on a normal day (the people I work with call Baby H a pasta baby because of all the spaghetti I eat for lunch) but I have another reason for such carbocentricity (nice! I just made that one up!) yesterday. Ok, I promise to stop interrupting myself now with parenthetical comments. I'm feeling sorta spacey this morning...Spring Break will do that to you.

The night before this carb-fest I had a wonderful dream. I was sleeping so hard that Cory actually kicked me and I didn't even move. He claims it was accidental, but I have my doubts. Anyway, in this perfect dream, it was my birthday and all the people I love to be around were with me. We donned formal attire, and I was looking sparkly and fabulous in a flowing gold gown. We were just talking and laughing and having wine and chocolate. Then Cory takes me away from the party to give me a "very special gift." We drive a little ways out into the wilderness. When we are completely alone, he presents me with....(drama inducing pause) a huge bowl of mashed potatoes topped with bacon and chedder cheese! I get to eat this bowl of heaven as we commence a road trip to somewhere spectacular. (In case you were concerned, as I was, about me spilling the potatoes on my sparkly dress, my clothes had magically changed into something more practical and sporty. Because in dreams, you can do that.)

That was the most satisfying sleep I've had in a very long time. And with dreams about potatoes, my day was doomed (or destined!) to be carbolicious!

8 comments:

Seeker said...

So True! I have been having very vivid dreams AND I have also been eating tons of potatoes. I think I had 4 baked potatoes last week alone. There is not logical explanation for this. Also, I bought a box of fruity pebbles (which I never buy) and practically ate the entire box in the course of 3 days. Again, no reasonable explanation.

Diana Latham said...

LOL!!! What a wonderful dream!!!

Memzie Latham said...

LOL!!! What a wonderful dream!!!

I love your new blog layout too!!! It is pretty!!!

bj said...

I was so delighted to see you at my pink bedroom this morning..
I laughed so hard at this cute video...it is precious. You are in for some of the best times of your life. Babies are so sweet...so cute..and so SO funny.
I just can't wait for Little Girl Hendricks to get here...not too much longer now. Woo Hoo...
I love you,
Memaw

The Everett Family said...

Now THAT'S a pregnancy dream if I ever heard one! Hilarious!

I used to dream about going to grocery stores that were offering free samples of everything...and I just got to eat my way through the aisles...did I mention I gained almost 50 pounds with each baby? :)

Hope you guys are well...

Kim said...

This made me laugh out loud. Sadly, I dream of mashed potatoes and am not even expecting! Love you Sweetie Pie!

KC said...

I'm with Kim! I eat like that all the time and I'm only expecting a GRANDBABY!!

Sandi said...

Oh, that was a great story. Like Kim I laughed out loud! I dont think even mash potatoes can wake me up! However, a baby does, ha.
loveme