Tuesday, November 11, 2008

wedding/neo/football





Finally! Pics of the wedding. I'm posting just a few, since I feel like I'm kind of behind on all of that since it was over a week ago. I have to say it did hold up to its title, "the best wedding in the universe" (although I'd have to put my own wedding pretty far up the list as well). Any union involving costumes, vows about video games and pets, a web-ordained minister, and dancing to Elvis is alright in my book. In fact, it sounds like the making of a good Cohen brothers film. Maybe you guys should sell the movie rights to your wedding, Cody and Laura. That seems like a decent way to gain some honeymoon spending money.

It seems like there are only two other things happening in my life: the baby and Tech football. From all the games I've been watching and all the screaming and jumping I've been doing, I'll only be vaguely surprised if the baby comes out with a little red mustache and a Yosimite Sam hat.
We had our 16 week appointment today, and it was probably the easiest time I've ever had at the ob/gyn's office. We got to listen to the heartbeat (140 beats per minute), he asked me if I had any questions, and sent us on our way. He said, "It sounds like a boy. Kind of." Our next appointment is at the beginning of December when hopefully we'll get to see what flavor of child we'll be having: Neopolitan or Neopollianna.
We started clearing out one of the rooms that will eventually become the nursery. It feels like we're a little closer to being parents because we started getting rid of some of our stuff. I begrudgingly bagged up some prom dresses and beaded votive candle holders that never made it to the wall. Cory finally trashed a few college posters that had been hanging out in the closet for the past 10 years. I think we're both feeling a little bit old because of it; now we have to let someone else begin filling our closets with useless nonsense. But it'll be cute, tiny useless nonsense.
AND I got a bedroom set! We went in to buy just a dresser so we could consolidate our two to save space. Then, there was an amazing sale and we got the dresser, mirror, and bed. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. I had sort of resigned myself to not having matching bedroom furniture until our child is out of college. Then, like a beam from heaven, the salesman at furniture row turned that all around. (Ironically, his name was Les Bright.)
Ok, I think that's enough rambling for now. Weddings, baby, clean house, Tech football, new furniture: It's good to be me.

5 comments:

Rosemary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Memzie Latham said...

Sounds like a wonderful point in your life right now.
I enjoy reading your blog.

KC said...

Wow. The wedding sounds like a blast and the pictures are great! I am a little concerned about your name choices for my grandbaby. :-)

Sam said...

Hey, thanks for giving our comany your business! Can't wait to find out what flavor Neo is!

Merrida said...

Hey! It's been a long time!! So glad I found you on here...we can keep in touch!!! Sound like things are wonderful!