Monday, July 21, 2008

I have to post this picture, because it is so precious. Aunt Beth left two rings for Haley and me that belonged to her mom (my great grandmother). We loved them both, so we couldn't decide who gets what. We left the decision up to Mimi, who shook them up in her hands and then put one in each of our hands.


In other news, I spontaneously decided to paint my kitchen cabinets. And not just paint them, paint them orange. It has turned out to be a catastrophically awful idea. Here's a pic of them with just a swatch that I painted to try out the color.


They are all now bright orange, and I avoid the room at all costs. I won't even post a pic yet, because I have to fix it before I can feel good about showing the orange picture. I have learned a few things about myself in the process, though:

1) Cabinets are really hard to paint. There are so many crevices and corners and it takes hours to tape it all off before you can actually start. The next time I get the urge to paint something on a whim, I should choose something more simple, like say the back door. Of someone else's house.

2) When picking out a paint color, it's best to think about it for more than 12 hours before you start actually smearing it on the walls.

3) Spontaneity is overrated.

2 comments:

Memzie Latham said...

I have to say you are wrong. Spontaneity is NOT overrated. Sometimes I wish I had more spontaneity in me. Just to tell you how unspontanious I am, Papa has given me a project to be more spontanious everyday. It is sooooo hard for me because I like to plan things out. Ugh!!! I think you are fortunate.
I think the orange was a great idea.

Sandi said...

I love the pic and your Grandmother looks really pretty.
Let the cabinets grow on you first and see if you still like them, I know you can accessorize.