Thursday, July 17, 2008

heartache

It's hard to come back to a blog when what I've been experiencing can't really be put into words. However, a couple of quotes seem appropriate.
The first one I found in Aunt Beth's sewing room when we were going through some things. It was a newspaper clipping of an old Irish blessing:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Secondly,
Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age
The child is grown, and puts away childish things.
Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies.
-Edna St. Vincent Millay
I wish I could go back there.
Thank you so much, everyone, for your prayers and for sharing in our heartache.

2 comments:

Memzie Latham said...

ipray

The Everett Family said...

Jessica,

I happened upon your blog (saw the link on your myspace page), and I don't know what happened, but I prayed for you today.

Morgan