Friday, April 18, 2008

tagged

I've really been missing my blog! Our internet has been painfully slow, so this is the first time I could bear to get on without beating the laptop against the wall. (Probably because I'm avoiding cleaning the house.)

I was tagged by my lovely (and I don't mean that sarcastically, Evan) friend to tell 7 random facts, so here goes:

1) I've always wanted to play a musical instrument. I played the saxophone in the jr. high band, and I took piano lessons first in elementary and then again in high school. I've just never quite stuck it out.

2) A banana with chunky peanut butter is one of my favorite snacks.

3) I once got an anonymous love letter in my locker with a tape of that song "That Thing You Do" from the movie by the same name. I never could quite figure out what "that thing" was that I did.

4) At a Broadway play in New York, Lenny Kravitz literally ran into me.

5) I think I was more star struck by seeing Hayes Carll in concert than by being slightly accosted by Kravitz. The crazy look in my eye in this picture is proof of that.

6) I've wanted to adopt a child since I was 16. Thanks to a well-intentioned but slightly overzealous youth minister, my parents had to talk me down out of crazed wailing because I wanted to adopt a Chinese girl at age 16. I was crying about it like I actually could have been able to adopt someone when I was a teenager. (I was a little dramatic.)


7) I have very vivid, strange dreams. Earlier this week I forgot to set the alarm, and I woke up suddenly, realizing I was late. I couldn't remember any of my dream, but I almost said aloud, "I've never met a pie I didn't like." That phrase was stuck in my head all day!

Alright Emileigh, Carleigh, and Diana... you're up next. Can't wait to read your random facts. (Now that I think about it, this is a lot like Carleigh's silly questions.)

3 comments:

evan said...

so fun!! thanks for playing... hope you're having a great weekend!!

Carleigh Latham said...

Love your answers. You are so cute and fun. Have a great day!!

Scott & Diana Latham said...

Jessica...love your answers. So fun getting to know you through your writing. I think that we introverts are better known through our writing!!!
Love you, Di