Sunday, March 09, 2008

tattoo

We spent about 3 hours in a tattoo parlour last night as my brother's entourage followed him around and watched him get inked. I'm not exaggerating with the word "entourage;" at one point there were eight of us crowded around him vying for the opportunity to hold his hand should he start to cry.




This is the "before" shot. He was pretty excited. It took a good hour and a half to get the band the right size to put around his calf, and the artist kept saying things like, "Damn! Your calves are huge. I think I'm going to have to charge you more based on the enormity of your leg."

Ouch! This is the work in progress.



I didn't get a shot of the finished product. They wrapped it up and Bryan ran out before I got a chance. Who can blame him, though? He was on the table for over an hour. He was happy with the finished product... and I think he's convinced me to get one as well. We'll see how that turns out...

4 comments:

Cody said...

I've got to see that tattoo. It's a turkey riding a surfboard, isn't it?

Bryan said...

Not quite a turkey riding a surf board i just hope this doesn't cause a family uprising against me. The feared opinion of the Reaves-Powell connection is what kept me from getting this earlier. We shall see what is to come

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures...and the tattoo...and the man behind it!

PS...and I love the new blog spot and the woman behind it! Keep it coming Jess!

evan said...

fantastic tattoo story... i'll be there for you jessica if you want me to be! you can do it! did he get your design done?