Wednesday, March 05, 2008

political poser

We had standardized testing today which basically means that the kids can do nothing but take the test, and we can do nothing but watch them take the test. I'm a bit of a compulsive email checker anyway, so it was slightly bothersome to have the computers turned off. The scale of discomfort, however, escalated from bothersome to irksome, because not only did I want to be checking my email, but I wanted to be checking the news websites to find out which candidate the Texas caucuses were leaning toward.
I'm feeling unusually caught up in the political extravaganza at the moment (as is the rest of the country, presumably) and Cory and I actually went to our precinct's caucus last night. We were feeling pretty proud of ourselves for being so involved. Then, after an hour of waiting around wondering if they'd acutally let us vote or take one look at us and expose us for the posers that we are, we decided we'd spent enough time in a school library looking sheepish and confused. We went to hang out with the Lathams instead.
Despite my failure as a caucus attendent, I've put a lot of hours into this so far. I watched the entire Texas debate, I've been on websites, taken "Who's your candidate" quizzes, and refreshed the CNN webpage about 50 times last night as they were counting votes. I feel like the more time I put into it, the more likely my candidate is to win. So...going with that logic...I think I've got more Slate to read and more CNN to watch! (Now if I could only put this kind of dedication to cleaning my house or working out...)

2 comments:

evan said...

that's funny! she thinks she's putting on makeup. i love you're blog! glad to see it up and running again!

bj said...

ABSOLUTELY....you HAVE to put a lot of time and effort in studing what person is the one you feel is best to lead our beloved nation. That is the ONLY way you are able to make the very best decision you can make in this important election....