Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Dixie Chicks

I know everyone's been waiting to see what I have to say about the new Dixie Chicks album (released today). Really, though, most of you are aware of my love of the band, and the thought of debating the issue once again seems exhausting. They are getting so much media coverage that even I am getting tired of it. (See cover of Time, yesterdays episodes of the Today show and David Letterman.)
So, did I actually purchase an album which includes a song bashing my hometown?! Yes. Yes, I did. Does that mean I like Lubbock any less? Nope. I am happy to report that I can keep both Lubbock and the Dixie Chicks close to my heart.

If you're interested, you can listen to the entire album here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess - if you need music, you can borrow my old Dixie Chicks cd's.Turns out I didn't burn them after all! Hollye

Anonymous said...

Jess,
I've decided that it's not just rebellion for the sake of rebellion. I refuse to be squeezed into a mold, programmed, or otherwise manipulated, and promptly ordered the album. I got your back, sista.
Swigs

MOM said...

You REBELS! HA!

PS Jess, I think you take after your mother!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.